Our reference tool for Timesheets is Elapseit. Each employee must track every activity in Agile Lab on Elapseit. We have three kinds of activity:
- Internal: All the activities where demand is coming from Agile Lab itself Fixed Price: This is a customer-oriented project where we assume the project's governance, and we are responsible for the overall delivery, and obviously, we have a budget to fit. How many people we employ is our internal problem.
- Time & Material: In this case, the customer is paying for the adequate consumed time by our team.
Every year in January is time for budgeting, so any circle and role should have a directly correlated budget to time consumption. Naming Conventions:
- All the project names that are starting with "Agile" are internal
- In 2021, all the project names are ending with "2021."
Now let's describe the significant internal activities and when it is acceptable to track time on them:
- Only for the architect role.
- When you spend time researching some topic or sharing your vision about it.
Agile Engine Management
- Only for lead links and project leaders of Engine.
- When you spend time managing the team, 1-1, challenging the process, feeding the handbook.
Agile Formazione Interna
- For everyone
- When you spend time studying something, reading a book, attending an internal workshop or a conference, or outsourced training. Also, the time needed to prepare a workshop is "Formazione Interna"
Agile Formazione Certificazioni 2021
- For Everyone
- When you spend time preparing a certification or helping someone to get there.
Agile Internal IT
- Only for the Internal IT circle
- When you spend time administering an internal system or exploring new IT admin practices and tools
Agile Opensource Maintenance
- Only for the OpenSource maintainer role
- When you spend time managing an open-source repo, releasing it, improving the doc, managing the community, etc
- For everyone
- When you spend time on activities you cannot classify, or acting out of your roles and not sure about which circle it should be.
- For everyone, except interns
- When you spend time on research projects pairing interns and helping them to achieve results. It is not for the product's development; each product has its project on Elapseit. It is only for early-stage research & development of ideas.
Agile Software Factory
- Only for the Software Factory team
- When you spend time improving internal practices about software development, helping other groups, feeding the handbook, etc.
- Only for the SRE team
- When you spend time on internal practices or tools to improve the way we operate. Not related to any specific service.
- Only for interns.
- No matter what activity you are doing, please report on this project.