As part of the benefits offered to employees, Agile Lab offers the opportunity to attend one international conference per year, leveraging company money following the boundaries listed in Benefits.
The process to attend an international conference is listed below.
Checklist and accountabilities
Once identified the conference to attend to, an employee must:
- Get the participation approved by your coach (project lead/lead link);
- Broadcast the conf opportunity on Teams in the
BigData/conferenceschannel: not travelling alone is helpful in getting more involved in conference networking, joining multiple talks in parallel and have more fun;
- Once approved and verified how many other colleagues will join in the conference trip, ask firstname.lastname@example.org to buy the conference tickets;
- Search by your own for travelling and accommodation, according to the rules as in SpendingCompanyMoney;
- Ask email@example.com to buy you the travel tickets and book for your accommodation. If not possible, do it on your own expenses (they will be reimbursed with the next payroll);
- Once the tickets are confirmed, add the details of the conference in the conference tracking excel placed under -
- Enjoy the conference. In the meantime, take at least 1 meaningful photo per day (picturing Agile Lab's people in the context of the conference and meaningful stuff) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Take notes during the attended talks and produce a report of the conference containing meaningful insights that can support/improve company's technical skills, and/or open to new opportunities. The report must be published on the company's Big Data OneNote -> Conferences section, following the template that will be made available in such section. Once completed, it must be advertised/shared/linked on the
BigData/conferencesTeams channel. Given that multiple people could attend to multiple talks in the same conference, each of the participants has the accountability to produce his/her own report.
NOTE: during the pandemic, be sure that tickets are refundable in case the conference is canceled.
That's it! Pretty simple, right? A small accountability for a big benefit. :)
Checklist for the coach
Which are the drivers that should be taken in account to evaluate conferences:
- Is the conference aligned with the individual career path, technical progression and personal goals
- Is the conference aligned with the technical strategy of the company ?
- Is the conference aligned with team goals and needs ?