In Agile Lab we search for smart and reliable people, we don't care about skills and past experiences. Our aim is to hire the best candidates around the world, leveraging our remote first attitude. We are best in class ( or at least we would like to be ) in our domain, so people will learn everything is needed inside the company.
Our hiring process reflects our company values.
- Lean on our company for their global talent networks
- Develop a rich and robust referral program
- Foster cross-company understanding of roles and open positions
- Distribute ownership of team building and hiring across full company
- Encourage internal applications, support career transitioning
- Identify and source high potential candidates from varied industries
- Build long-term hiring forecasts and talent maps
- Make talent a long term priority with a deep true vision and strategy
- Hire the right person for the right role at the right time
- Transform talent from a cost center to an organizational value add
- Measure employee engagement and candidate experience
- Respect candidate and employee time in hiring
- Create a repeatable, standard process that is well documented
- Support training and knowledge transfer
- Source for candidates in Low Cost areas
- Document the hiring process and keep it updated
- Make sure the candidate knows in advance the process and the timing
- Give every candidate an answer.
- Share insights and hiring achievements often and with everyone
- Provide honest and kind feedback when asked (try to separate the interview from the decision, and from the feedback)
- Share hiring plans internally and announce opening positions before publishing
The recruitment process can start in two different ways:
- The candidate applies to an open position
- We get in direct contact with a potential candidate.
If we are in the first option, we just do the Background check:
* We verify if the background of the candidate is compatible with the position she applied to * In case it is not, we decide if she is suitable for another position or not * If the check is positive, we send an email to the candidate with the link to the Screening Test
If instead, we are actively contacting a candidate is strongly recommended to start with a Screening Call:
* One of our recruiters will conduct a screening call using Skype * This will be scheduled respecting candidate timing. * The purpose of this step is to present the company to the candidate and understand if resume information is consistent. * Also must be ensured that there is still mutual interest before proceeding with the next step. * Interview process is a considerable investment of time, so if you are not interested, please drop at this stage. Don't interview for curiosity or other purposes. * The recruiter will wait for 5 minutes for the candidate to show up at the meeting. If the candidate does not show up to the interview or reach out in advance to reschedule, the candidate will be classified as a "no show" and be disqualified. * The recruiter, hiring manager, or candidate can terminate the discussion early at any point during the interview if either party determines that it isn't a fit. Be as transparent and honest as possible and provide feedback.
* An online test to assess general and specific knowledge of the candidate * The duration is 30 minutes
In any case you will receive the result of your test, and if you passed it we will propose you possible slots to run the Tech Interview.
* this is a 1.5-hour technical interview on skype * the interview has a theory part that will follow the format of Bar-Raiser, and it will not require knowledge about specific technologies but only general concepts. * The recruiter will wait for 5 minutes for the candidate to show up at the meeting. If the candidate does not show up to the interview or reach out in advance to reschedule, the candidate will be classified as a "no show" and be disqualified. * The recruiter, hiring manager, or candidate can terminate the discussion early at any point during the interview if either party determines that it isn't a fit. Be as transparent and honest as possible and provide feedback. * After the interview, immediate feedback can be provided; otherwise, it will come within two working days. * If the candidate had not a proper presentation of the company, this will be covered here.
After this stage, the candidate will be collocated on our Engineering Ladder. If you are Eng.1 or Eng.2 and the tech interview had a positive result, we jump into the Offer phase. If you are Eng. 3 or above, there is a further step that is the Cultural Fit
* this is a 30-minute behavioral interview * At this stage, you will receive an offer verbally during the call with the candidate, and it will be followed by an official contract the day after. * The offer will be valid for five working days since the reception of the official contract.
- Maintain candidate confidentiality
- Those on the interview team should prioritize the interview in their schedules
- During the screening call, remind the candidate to look at this handbook
- Compensation is discussed at start and end but not in between
- The entire process should stay within two weeks
Conducting a Screening Call
Calls can last anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on the conversation.
Example questions include:
- Why are you looking for a new position?
- Why did you apply with Agile Lab?
- What are you looking for in your next position?
- Why did you join and leave your last three positions?
- What is your experience with X? (for each of the skills listed in the position description)
- What did you learn from your last project? ( verify alignment with resume )
- What is the notice period you would need if you were hired?
- What are your compensation expectations?
Then, remind the candidate about our handbook and tell about life in Agile Lab: values, results, and projects ( without details about the customer and other sensitive data ).
Conclude the call, checking for mutual interest in proceeding with further steps. Usually, we provide final feedback about if you have been selected for the next step or not within two working days. In case of positive feedback, we also provide a possible schedule for the next round, the Screening test.
The call's transcription should be reported in our Talent Center as new feedback selecting the "contacted" phase.
Conducting a Technical Interview
Calls can last anywhere between 20 and 60 minutes, depending on the conversation.
- Follow the interview template.
- Add a new Feedback on Talent Center, selecting "Technical Round" phase and writing all the questions and answers for each of them.
- Try to spot all the candidate's weakness areas: it will be useful to define the training path during the onboarding.
- Try to assess which level on Eng. ladder the candidate is fitting
- In the end, define your general recommendation: strongly hire, hire, neutral, don't hire, strongly don't hire
In Agile, we manage the recruiting pipeline through our Talent Center (FreshTeam).
The Recruiter steps are:
- upload the candidate CV into an open position and fill all relevant fields, including a Tag to define who provided the contact.
- Contact the candidate for a screening call, create new feedback on the candidate profile and move it into the "contacted" phase
- Send the candidate the mail with the link to the screening test and then move it into the "written test" phase
The Interviewer steps are:
- check the results of the screening test, add feedback on the candidate profile
- send an email to the candidate with the result of the test and if she succeeded try to schedule the tech interview
- once the tech interview has been scheduled, move the candidate into the "technical round".
- if the candidate failed the test, "refuse" her on the tool specifying the reason "Failed in challenge round". She will exit from the funnel.
- Run the interview, adding new feedback into the candidate profile and defining your general recommendation: strongly hire, hire, neutral, don't hire, strongly don't hire
- Define the engineering level
- If the candidate is Eng. 3 level or above, conduct the cultural fit session and add feedback to the candidate profile
- Make an economic proposal and move the candidate into the "Offered" phase
- when you get the feedback from the candidate, move it into the "Offer accepted" or "Offer declined" phase. If declined, select the specific reason.
How to apply
Do you absolutely want to get in touch with us? That's great news, we are waiting for you! The best way to apply is through our talent center.
Otherwise you can apply through our Agilelab website.
In the form, together with the mandatory details needed to be contacted:
- Briefly describe who you are
- Attach your updated Curriculum Vitae
Additionally, if you have been suggested by a team member, please specify this within the description.
You will be contacted as soon as possible. We hope you will join our team!