The Book Club is an initiative of the Software Factory Circle. It is run by the Book Club curator.
What is the Book Club?
The Book Club is a community where we read to expand our knowledge and inspire knowledge sharing.
What is the goal of the Book Club?
The goal of the Book Club is to promote:
- learning something new (continuous learning)
- learning something useful (real-world applications)
- learning from each other (discussion).
What do we do at the Book Club?
Every two weeks,
- we read something new (eg book chapter, blog post) in async,
- we collect discussion points in async, based on a discussion template,
- we meet (30min) to discuss what we read.
How does the discussion work?
In the discussion, we review the discussion points that were collected in async. This means we go through the submitted points, and eg questions are answered, lessons learned/tips are presented.
To maximize info exchange in the discussion, the discussion points are based on a discussion template.
How do we choose our next book?
When a book is completed, we choose a new book.
- The Book Club creator collects strategic topics for continuous learning from the Software Development Circle.
- The Book Club Curator selects at least a book for each strategic topic.
- The Book Club Curator shares the selected books in a poll to all participants of the Engine Circle.
- All interested readers vote the book(s) they are interested to read in the Book Club, based on current personal interest/goals.
- The Book Club Curator communicates the chosen book - meaning the top voted book - to all participants of the Engine Circle.
- The Book Club Curator adds any new interested reader to the Book Club Teams group.
- The Book Club Curator communicates next steps on the Book Club Teams group, including book purchasing details, reading scope for the first session.
How can I join the Book Club?
- Please check on Holaspirit who currently energizes the role of Book Club Curator.
- Write a message to the Book Club Curator and ask to be added to the Book Club.